Emergency Assistance Network
For a document version of the above list click here
- City of San Jose Housing Department
- Homeless Resources
- California Homeless Shelters and Social Services: (Choose from a list of cities)
- Community Services Agency
- Emergency Assistance Network of Santa Clara County
- Catholic Charities
- Sacred Heart Community Services
- United Way Bay Area
- Senior Nutrition Program – Meals On Wheels The Santa Clara County Meals On Wheels program delivers meals to homebound seniors unable to cook or shop for themselves. For further information on the Meals On Wheels program click the link above. To sign up for the home delivered Meals On Wheels program, please contact:
Santa Clara County – Senior Nutrition Program
333 West Julian St., 4th Floor
San Jose, CA 95110
Phone: (408) 975-4860
Fax: (408) 975-4830
- Substance Use and Addiction Services
- Allsup Allsup has a 97 percent success rate in securing Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) for eligible people who complete the application process with them. Their organization also helps SSDI beneficiaries to secure employment.
- Office of Immigrant Relations Out of 58 counties in California, Santa Clara County is unique when it comes to addressing the needs of residents born in other countries. With almost 40% of the county population born outside the US, Santa Clara County parallels in New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles in constituting one of the most diverse populations on earth. For over 18 years Santa Clara County has invested in immigrant integration.Through various types of immigrant programs, sponsored and funded by the County (The SCC Citizenship Initiative, the Immigrant Action Network, Immigrant Relations and Integration Services–IRIS, and now the Office of Immigrant Relations), the Board of Supervisors has continuously renewed its commitment to immigrant communities and their full integration into the society.
- Bay Area Furniture Bank Whether you are looking for furniture or would like to donate your lightly used furniture the Bay Area Furniture Bank is a great resource. For details on donating and obtaining furniture visit their website.